We want programming to be available to as many congregants as possible, while maintaining our commitment to pikuach nefesh, safeguarding life, as a central value: “We hold that to save one member of our community is to save and preserve the entire community of NSP and beyond.” In pursuit of keeping each other as safe as possible, attendees to NSP in-person programming must adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- All attendees of NSP in-person events must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means two shots plus a booster for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines and one shot plus booster for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Children under 6 months old are exempted from the vaccine requirement, and children under 5 years old are exempted from the booster requirement. If you have any questions regarding this policy, vaccine eligibility, or should you require a medical exemption, please contact Rabbi Yosef: email@example.com
- Masking is required for indoor meetings and the use of indoor spaces (e.g. bathrooms) at outdoor events. Attendees over 2 years old must wear a mask. High-quality masks are strongly recommended, such as N95 or KN95 masks without a vent. Extra high-quality masks will be provided at NSP events. Unacceptable face coverings include gaiters, bandanas, or similar. Masks must cover the nose and mouth entirely and be on for the duration of the event (with exceptions for food and drink, if outdoors).
- We expect children will have a difficult time being masked and will take off masks indoors to eat snacks. We want everyone to be aware that kids may not be masked, and know that parents are doing their best. Service leaders and speakers may unmask while leading if they receive a negative Covid test and maintain more than 6ft of distance.
- Indoor food and meals are mask-optional when clearly advertised and demarcated. Whenever weather and space considerations allow, potlucks and meals will be held outdoors. When meals are held indoors, we will have supplies prepared for a group to eat together outside.
- Rapid testing is required for all indoor meetings for attendees over 2 years old. Attendees are asked to take a rapid test shortly before attending indoor meetings and to only attend if their test result is negative. NSP will provide rapid tests at the event for attendees who have not tested.
- Masking at outdoor NSP events is not required and is optional for all participants.
- Members may not attend if they currently have any common symptoms of Covid-19, including cough, sneezing, fever, chills, or nausea. Members may not attend if they are waiting on the result of a Covid-19 test due to possible or confirmed exposure to Covid-19 or have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.